Dimm slots 1A and 1B on both CPU's are not working when inserting PCIe card.

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Sidney, May 19, 2018.

  1. Sidney

    Sidney

    Joined:
    May 19, 2018
    Dear fellow IT guys/girls,

    I just both a 2U SuperMicro server with motherboard "X8DTT-H". There was only 8GB per CPU inserted and I want to build a VMware Workspace One home lab, so bought 12x 8GB 2rX4 PC3 10600R memory modules so all banks are full.

    All memory is detected (96GB), but when I insert a PCI-e card (via the risercard) the memory modules in slots 1A and 1B from both CPU's are not detected any more (64GB).

    Does anyone experience this before or point me in the right direction or have a possible solution?

    Thank you in advance.

    Regards, Sidney

    Sidney, May 19, 2018