Direct3D and AGP bus are randonly disabled in ATI 9800 pro and Asus P4C800ED

Discussion in 'ATI' started by LM, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. LM

    LM Guest

    Hi all.

    This has happened several times now. Sometimes when I boot the pc and
    once after I updated ATI drivers, screen refresh becomes slow, games
    complain and DXdiag say that Direct3D Acceleration and AGP texture
    acceleration are disabled. I didnt do it. What did?

    Last time today, Ati diagnostic caused this, when it retested
    settings. I also happened to see that Agp aperture is reported to be
    64M, bios setting is 128M. Strange things happend there, a bug?.

    I tried reinstalling DirectX 9.0c and display drivers. Didnt help.
    Then when the pc was shut down and started again, everything worked.
    Not restarted, but shutdown. What is this? I use my pc with box open,
    so I dont think it's overheat. Cooler on the Ati is working.

    By the way, the display adapter is assembler/sold by Club 3D or
    something, it is bought in EU. Cpu is 3GHz P4, and there is 1G of ram.
    Ati drivers are now 5.3.

    There are crashes in certain games (like Kohan II), other games are
    stable. And the os XP pro/SP2 is stable.

    Regards

    LM, Apr 9, 2005

  2. LM

    LM Guest

    Hello again, I seem to be talking to myself.

    Today I tried to install Ati drivers v5.4, after that I couldnt make
    those accelerations work. So I tried to install v4.12 I happened to
    have, and that seems to work, at least now.

    So not probably a hw issue.

    LM

    LM, Apr 10, 2005

  3. LM

    LM Guest

    The system cache is too large. System cache=swap file was set to 2G,
    now it is system managed size=1.5G, and now v5.4 drivers work. At
    least for now.

    So, there is a limit on system cache size, not from MS but from ATI.

    LM, Apr 11, 2005