    know what the game would look like on a 9500 or above.

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Dan

    Darkfalz Guest

    DX9 titles will not work with DX8.

    Darkfalz, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Dan

    Yeremein Guest

    DirectX 9 titles don't work with DirectX 8, true. If you're referring
    to Microsoft's DirectX layer.

    But the OP is asking about running DX9 titles on DX8-class hardware
    (with the DX9 runtime installed, of course). Whether the DX9 eye candy
    makes it worth upgrading to a DX9-class card.

    Yeremein, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Dan

    Flow Guest

    My brother in law plays maxpayne2 with a radeon9500.
    It looks about the same on my TI4400.

    Flow, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Dan

    Sith Lord Guest

    Is MP2 DX9? It runs well enough on my GF3 at work, actually, bloody
    quick.

    Sith Lord, Jan 11, 2004