DirectX9 Black Screen When Exiting Graphics Mode

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Avi, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Avi

    Avi Guest

    Dear All,

    I have a Pentium 4 1.7, 512 MB RAM and a PNY Geforce 3 TI 500. I am using
    WinXP SP1 and DirectX 9.0a. I am running at 1028x784 resolution

    My computer's problem is that whenever it switches back from a DirectX app,
    such as Flight Simulator, to the Windows Desktop - the whole computer
    freezes with a black screen. Sometimes I will see a few rows of video
    gibberish at the top of the screen, sometimes just black. The computer is
    completely halted. If I run dxdiage, it will pass the Direct3D 7 tests,
    sometimes will pass the 8 tests and never passes the 9 tests. I have tried
    several different drivers, up to an including the leaked 44.90.

    The programs do run, they just freeze the system whenever they go out of
    DirectX mode.

    Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

    Avi, Jul 16, 2003