    I would like to stop my P1610 from switching to portrait AR in response to
    the cover being "closed". Disabling the switch completely would be an
    acceptable compromise. Anyone know how to do this?

    outsider55, Aug 13, 2007

  2. outsider55

    Outsider Guest

    following up on my own post:
    I figured out how to do this after all.

    Outsider, Aug 20, 2007

  3. I figured out how to do this after all. <<

    Can you share what you found with us?

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Aug 20, 2007
  4. outsider55

    Outsider Guest

    I wont call this elegant but it works. After hunting around in the
    registry I discovered the executable file that rotates the desktop. It
    is:

    c:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Utils\FjRotate.exe

    I replaced the file (I saved the original) with an executable that does
    nothing. I made the executable with an old basic compiler I dug up. I
    could not for the life of me remember how to make the exe stand alone so
    I also but the library BRUN40.DLL in:

    c:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Utils\lib

    When I close or open the cover in the table position a DOS box pops open
    for a second but the desktop never rotates. The rotate button on the
    cover still works as you set it.

    As I said, far from elegant (and clearly Fujitsu only) but it does what I
    need done.

    Andy

    Outsider, Aug 21, 2007
  5. elegant <<

    As long as it works it's elegant... thanks... very useful information.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Aug 21, 2007
  6. outsider55

    Outsider Guest

    This thing come with the ability to enable/disable the button on the unit
    (which one can simply NOT press) but not the ability to disable the cover
    position switch. Even if my use is "particular" I can't be the only one
    who might like control over this. Things like this make me crazy. I
    wonder if anyone was thinking at all about design. Oh well; I love the
    thing otherwise.

    Andy

    Outsider, Aug 22, 2007