    docking station and I want the sound to only come out of them when the
    laptop is docked. Poked around alot of haven't found a way to do this.

    Thanks in advance

    UDont Need2KNow, Feb 11, 2005

  2. UDont Need2KNow

    a Smith Guest

    Just turn the sound down completely using the volume buttons on the laptop,
    the dock outputs at a separate volume so turning down the laptops volume
    won't affect the external speakers unless you mute it.
    Works nicely enough with my X31 and a port replicator, and I don't have to
    worry about different sound levels going to the stereo so the volume on that
    is always consistent.

    a Smith, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Man - I can't believe it's that simple - duh. Thanks for the tip !

    UDont Need2KNow, Feb 11, 2005