Disabling integrated video card

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Marioluigi64, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Marioluigi64

Marioluigi64

I've got a Packard Bell Multimedia S600 with an Intel NV430VX motherboard that has an integrated S3 Trio 64V+ video card. I recently bought an Nvidia TNT2 card and I was wondering how to disable the S3 chip so I could get the TNT2 card to work. I've read that there are no jumpers on the motherboard and no BIOS settings to disable the card so I put the TNT2 into the computer and turned it on and nothing happened. I could hear everything starting up in the computer but nothing came up on the monitor, the keyboard lights didn't flash on & off, and the mouse didn't light up, but I also didn't hear any beeps from the motherboard. It's like the computer just froze at bootup. I took the card back out and everything was fine. To make sure the card worked I stuck it into another computer and it worked fine. What should I do? :confused:

Marioluigi64, Aug 1, 2006
Ask a Question