Disabling the Tablet PC Input Panel

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Myke Tagg, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. Myke Tagg

    Myke Tagg Guest

    I found this too. Hopefully something will work.

    The TIP bar takes up a lot of space, which you may want to
    free up. If you want to remove the button, and access it
    via the shake gesture, you can do so as follows. Go to a
    command prompt and type:
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft
    shared\ink\tipband.dll"

    You need the quotes since there are spaces in the file
    path name. This command will unregister the dll. After
    doing this, reboot your machine. The TIP Bar should be
    gone. IMPORTANT: The only way you'll now be able to get
    the Tablet PC Input Panel to show up is with the hardware
    button or with the shake gesture. To undo your changes
    and restore the TIP button permanently, go to a command
    prompt and type:

    regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft
    shared\ink\tipband.dll"

    Myke Tagg, Sep 26, 2003