    This way I can walk away during a download and let the computer hang up
    when it's through.

    Lately it hasn't been hanging up when finished. What could be wrong?

    sawney beane, Jun 30, 2006

  2. sawney beane

    Alice Faber Guest

    When I had that problem, it was bad guys probing my Mac for Windows-ish
    vulnerabilities. I don't recall offhand what program I installed to
    check for that kind of activity (this was a few years ago, perhaps even
    when I was still running OS9).

    Alice Faber, Jun 30, 2006

  3. sawney beane

    sawney beane Guest

    I've found the problem in my case. I just have to close the web page
    from which I choose downloads.

    sawney beane, Jun 30, 2006
  4. sawney beane

    Eric P. Guest

    There's sw for OS 9.x called IPNetSentry that detects, blocks, and
    filters out many attacks against one's computer while on-line. The
    maker is Sustainable Softworks. There might be an OS X version,
    but I'm not sure, as I don't do X.

    Happy computing,
    Eric

    Eric P., Jun 30, 2006