    I don't particularly want to delete the program, but i don't want it
    for a default. How can i disarm/ disengage it from automatically
    starting up?

    beave, May 23, 2007

  2. beave

    Colin Wilson Guest

    I wish i was better at this kind of stuff.

    Don't we all, but we all start round about where you are now :-}
    Try going to start/run and type "services.msc" without the quote marks
    (it's a bit like msconfig, but a bit safer in that it doesn't let you
    bugger your machine by switching off something it needs - allegedly!)

    Scroll down the list, and see if you can spot it - you should be able
    to right click over the entry (if there is one) and click properties -
    change it from automatic to manual.

    This site will give you a list of some common services, and whether
    they're actually necessary:

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

    Colin Wilson, May 24, 2007

  3. beave

    beave Guest

    Thanks.

    So......i went to this folder, and i see how can change these services
    from 'automatic' to 'manual', but i can't find Dell Media Experience
    here, not by any recognizeable name anyway.

    beave, May 24, 2007
  4. beave

    S.Lewis Guest

    start/run/msconfig

    You'll find it there.

    Before you eventually decide to uninstall it. :)

    S.Lewis, May 24, 2007
  5. beave

    Kevin Guest

    Just uninstall it. For those users that don't do a full format and a clean
    installation of Windows, this is the best recourse.

    Kevin, May 24, 2007