    Please save me from having to call Dell Support.:)
    Thanks
    Chuck

    Chuck, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Chuck

    Quaoar Guest

    System files are replaced with system file checker, SFC, run from the
    Run command (Win9x style) or run from a command prompt (WinXP style),
    whichever ME uses. If the former on ME, you can just type in SFC in the
    run... command and it will supply some dialogs which are pretty obvious
    if you want to replace a system file. If it is the latter on SFC, you
    can type RUN in the Run command, a command window (DOS) will open. Type
    in SFC /scannow to check all system files for corruption.

    Also, do a file search for Mediadet.exe and see if it exists. Please,
    also have no fear about calling Dell support. If they suggest reformat
    and reinstall, just resist. It is your computer and your choice.

    Quaoar, Dec 9, 2003