Disk Warrior error 3001,1?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by DaveC, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. DaveC

    DaveC Guest

    I am using DW 2.0 to rebuild the directory on a hard disk.

    I successfully rebuilt the directory once (this took a long time to do), but
    when DW asked to back up the data it had found, I realized that I didn't have
    enough auxiliary disk space to do this, so I quit DW.

    After acquiring another disk for backup, I ran DW again. This time DW
    reported this error just minutes after starting on the target (corrupted)
    disk:

    "Disk Warrior has encountered an unexpected error (3001,1)." The manual
    doesn't say what this error is.

    I hadn't turned on the target drive between successive attempts to rebuild
    its directory.

    Any ideas:
    1. what this error means
    2. why I could successfully reconstruct the directory only the first time?

    Thanks,
    --
    Dave C.

    Running DW on PM 8500/G3 400; OS 9.1; DW 2.0
    Target drive: internal to PB G3/400 (via FireWire Target Disk Mode)

    DaveC, Aug 27, 2003