Disk Warrior install

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Is there some way to download the Diskwarrior program to a disk, then
    boot off of the disk to use the application?

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Other than buying it you mean?

    Nigel McMillan, Jul 4, 2005

  3. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Boring Guest

    Just boot off the install CD...

    Boring, Jul 4, 2005
  4. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    matt neuburg Guest

    Yes. Just drag DiskWarrior from the CD onto a disk. Now boot off that
    disk. You can now run the application. (You just can't operate on the
    boot disk. But you can operate on other disks, including the internal
    disks of other computers that you boot in firewire target mode.) m.

    matt neuburg, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Disk warrior 800-257-6381

    Is there some way to download the program to a disk then boot off of
    the disk to use the application?

    What I had in mind you see, is that DW can be downloaded from the
    website. Because in my case being on the road for summer fun, I would
    have to drive across land for a hundred miles, fly 3,000 miles across
    the ocean and traverse another hundred land miles to access my external
    drive to use it in the normal way.

    Why can't I just download it wirelessly here. Save it to a disc.
    The boot from that disc to solve my imaginary directory problems?

    The thief thinks that all are like himself.

    -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-, Jul 7, 2005
  6. -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-

    Tom Guest

    You can do it with BootCD: