    told me to fix it. The whole thing is hosed so I reformatted.
    There's no modem, and no NIC, and Compaq doesn't have the display
    drivers on its website. Where am I supposed to get them?

    Harry Edwards, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Harry Edwards

    the yeti Guest

    here is the link::

    http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/docume...rodId=compaqpres352415&docName=c00007177&cat=

    Compaq Presario PCs - Display Driver Support Handled by VIA

    ISSUE:

    Trident and VIA jointly developed the MVP4 and CBi7 graphics for some
    Presario desktop and portable systems.

    Due to a change in the business relationship between VIA and Trident,
    VIA now handles all support of these display drivers.

    This issue affects the Presario 1246, 1247, 1277, 1278, 1279, 12XL1xx
    series, 12XL2xx series, 7300 series, and 7400 series

    SOLUTION:

    Release date: April 2001; Revision: 0

    Please contact VIA at the following Web sites for any updated drivers:
    http://www.via.com.tw or http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

    NOTE: The information in this document, including products and
    software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is
    subject to change without notice.

    the yeti, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Thanks. I imagine all their drivers are the same, since there's only
    one integrated download? Now I remember why I despise Compaq...
    They're worse than dealing with Chrysler. I'm surprised they don't
    make you buy a new driver CD. Gateway, Dell, even Apple all have
    drivers on their websites. not Compaq.

    Harry Edwards, Dec 9, 2003
  4. I have the display and audio drivers. Now I need the modem, and PCI
    to ISA bridge driver. I'm guessing the "PCI communications device" is
    the modem I can't finr drivers for, and I don't know how to explain
    the PCI ISA bridge. I don't understand why its not on their website.

    Harry Edwards, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Harry Edwards

    the yeti Guest

    Download a program called AIDA32.

    The link is http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

    You can run the program accross a network or from a CD ROM

    Use this tool to find out the chipset of the drivers you are missing
    and download the necessary drivers from the chipset manufactures.

    $10 says you have a Lucent WinModem, Google "generic lucent modem
    driver" and that should work for you. Its available on Agree/Lucent's
    web site.

    the yeti, Dec 9, 2003
  6. I think I have it. I found another person with the same problem. I
    downloaded those drivers and it rowked. Now I have another device in
    Device Manager I can't find... "PCI standard ISA bridge" Yellow
    exclebation point. I don't know where to get the drivers for
    that.

    Harry Edwards, Dec 10, 2003