Display goes off...please help me

Discussion in 'ATI' started by ramon82, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. ramon82

    ramon82 Guest

    I have been having a strange problem ever since I replaced my ol
    geforce 5200 with the radeon 9600. When I am playing a game...and no
    all games do it...sometimes the display turns black and the monitor'
    LED turns amber. I cannot due anything and have to restart. I am no
    assuming its a temp problem since CPU does not exceed 55 degree
    celcius even when heavily in use. Apart from that I have adequat
    cooling directly on the video card and inside the case. In the even
    viewer the only occurance at the same time of the fault is thi
    entry

    The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one o
    more time sources, however none of the sources are currentl
    accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 1
    minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

    Also I have up yo date drivers, directX, virus free for sure and load
    of RAM..1.2GB DDR 400

    Can anyone give me some tips on how I could find out the source o
    this saga??? any software in particular? please HELP ME! even a fres
    format and installation of XP was not enough to get rid of this

    ramon82, Feb 25, 2006

  2. ramon82

    Andy C Guest

    Overheating the GPU/Memory on video card?

    Maybe use atitools to check temp?

    Andy C, Feb 25, 2006

  3. ramon82

    Tom Carman Guest

    I recently returned an ATI x850 Pro for this problem. It did this at random
    in everything: games, browsers, Outlook, whatever. It happened with multiple
    driver versions. I opened the case and pointed a fan at the card and it
    continued to black-out, so I doubt it was a temperature issue.

    Tom Carman, Feb 27, 2006
  4. ramon82

    RAH Guest

    I had same problem as above with a AIW9800, turned off fast writes in
    display properties_advanced_smartgart and all is well. My problem
    started after updating Catalyst that apparently turned fast writes on
    by default.

    RAH

    RAH, Feb 28, 2006
  5. ramon82

    Tom Carman Guest

    Oh, I tried everything. Fast writes on and off. Control Panel. Catalyst
    Control Center. Omega drivers and their controls. The only thing I didn't do
    was go out and drop a load of cash on a new power supply (it was more than
    adequate for my system's needs, and everthing else was stable). I decided it
    must be a hardware issue on the board, and returned it to CompUSA because my
    21 day return window was closing.

    Tom Carman, Feb 28, 2006