Display off center PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Kylee, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Kylee

    Kylee Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 with a GeForce2 GO running windows XP sp2.

    I've just recently began experiencing problems with my video display. It
    seems as though the entire display is off-center. I know that sometimes the
    display can be mimized/shrunk with the Function-F7 combination; but this is
    not the issue.

    The entire screen seems to be shifted down and to the right. I can not
    figure out a way to "recenter" it. This is not only a problem within my OS,
    but it happens in the dos prompt AND within the dell bios screens. I can not
    see to the far bottom of the screen, nor to the right of the screen.

    I have already updated to the latest bios to try to "unfreeze" a setting
    which may have been changed. I have no idea how the screen got into this
    off-centered state. I did not change any settings prior to this event.

    I do not believe it is related to software as the bios is biased and not
    centered, as well as regular dos prompts.

    I have also toggled the LCD/CRT (video out) settings and that seemed to do
    nothing. I have plugged the video out into a monitor and I do not have this
    centering problem on the monitor. It is displayed correctly on my dell
    monitor, just not on my laptop's LCD.

    Any suggestions? Fixes? It is really quite frustrating to have an
    off-centered display on the LCD.

    Thanks!

    Kylee, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Kylee

    Albert Wong Guest

    could be a bad Hibernation file. disable the windows hibernation under
    power management. Then, remove the backup battery, and the laptop main
    battery for 10 minutes. reconnect the backup battery, and main battery.
    start computer, set clock and restart windows.

    Albert Wong, Apr 16, 2005