Display optimization wizard- I can't get it working

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by waz, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. waz

    waz Guest

    Good day.

    I have been using a NVIDIA 6600 GT in an Asus A7V8X for the last few months.
    I have another system that holds a Matrox G400 in an Asus K7V motherboard.
    Both systems use the same monitor keyboard and mouse by use of one of those
    clever cables that allows one to switch by hitting a key combo.

    My problem is that I am trying to get an equivilant display from the NVIDIA
    card as I am getting from the Matrox card. I have been trying to calibrate
    my monitor so that my graphics will be "standardized" so my images will
    look as good on my system as another properly calibrated system.

    So far, the matrox card seems to give much better contrast and richness.
    I have tried the adobe gamma program, the NVIDIA color correction and
    changed brightness and temperature from the monitor menu itself.
    Results have been poor on the NVIDIA card.

    I came across the NVIDIA display optimization wizard (in the control
    panel/display/settings/advanced/geforce 6600gt/ then select tools (left
    hand side) and Display Optimization Wizard.

    When I get to the gamma adjustment I am supposed to click on a slider and
    move it left or right.
    But when I try this, nothing moves. The next and back buttons respond
    normally but the sliders do not budge.
    I seem to be using 6.14.10.11014 of nvidia desktop manager and 8.1.9.8 of
    the driver.

    How do I get the gamma sliders to work?

    Thanks

    Waz

    waz, Jul 7, 2006

  2. The sliders aren't sliders. They're fixed boxes. What moves
    are the middle color bars *underneath* the three boxes.

    As for your display quality, the first step is to take the Nvidia
    system off the video switch and see if quality improves. Also
    check to see you're running the same resolution and refresh
    rates. Also try switching monitor cables with your Matrox
    system and see if that makes any difference.

    Jack F. Twist, Jul 7, 2006

  3. waz

    waz Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    While I was yanking and pulling at various gamma correction programs, NVidia
    drivers and GeForce card optimization programs.... it suddenly and
    unexplicable got better. Equal to the matrox in terms of contrast and
    vibrance.

    I am a happy camper.

    Waz

    waz, Jul 13, 2006