    resolution, speed (4 ms, 8ms, etc.)? Will a high quality display handle
    both well or do I need to go one direction or another?

    - Magnusfarce

    Magnusfarce, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Magnusfarce

    Phil Weldon Guest

    For photo editing, high end CRTs are still the best for color rendition and
    lack of viewing angle dependency.

    ANY high end monitor will accomplish both your stated uses, but you will pay
    for the quality.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Magnusfarce

    Folk Guest

    If I were upgrading my LCD today, I would go with the Dell UltraSharp
    2001FP

    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=5194&cs=19&l=en&Page=productlisting.aspx

    For one man's opinion, see here:

    http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/8034

    (And I really respect Scott's opinion)

    $500 for a 20 inch LCD panel of this quality is a real bargain. The
    only problem you might run into is gaming at it's native resolution of
    1600 x 1200, but that's why God made fast video cards and beefy
    processors. <g>

    Folk, Dec 1, 2005