1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Distorted MegaWorks 510D speakers

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Kovie, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Kovie

Kovie Guest

My MegaWorks 510D speakers have become horribly distorted. I know that it's
    not related to my computer, sound card, operating system or software because
    I get the same level of distortion when I feed an analog signal through the
    AUX port with the speakers completely disconnected from the computer, as I
    do when they're connected to the computer via the Digital-In port. This
    looks like a problem with the speakers, not my PC. Has anyone had this
    happen with these speakers, and is there a relatively cheap and simple
    solution? They're out of warranty and I'm not sure it pays to have them
    fixed by Creative.

Kovie

Kovie, Sep 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. Kovie

nickbd

Distortion in Megaworks 510D

This problem seems to be very common in the 510D. This happened with my first one after a number of years. Eventually it stopped working. I checked the power supply and the outputs were not correct but without a circuit diagram it is difficult to find which parts are damaged. I bought a second unit recently on Ebay and it worked well for a few months and then became distorted. I was going to check the power supply to have some reference voltages but I enjoyed the music for too long so now I have one dead unit and one that is going bad. Given the number of these units that were sold it is surprising that some enterprising person hasn't looked further into this. Obviously Creative doesn't care. I suspect there was a serious design problem that they could not solve so the design died.

nickbd, Nov 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question