    solution? They're out of warranty and I'm not sure it pays to have them
    fixed by Creative.

    Kovie

    Kovie, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Kovie

    nickbd

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Distortion in Megaworks 510D

    This problem seems to be very common in the 510D. This happened with my first one after a number of years. Eventually it stopped working. I checked the power supply and the outputs were not correct but without a circuit diagram it is difficult to find which parts are damaged. I bought a second unit recently on Ebay and it worked well for a few months and then became distorted. I was going to check the power supply to have some reference voltages but I enjoyed the music for too long so now I have one dead unit and one that is going bad. Given the number of these units that were sold it is surprising that some enterprising person hasn't looked further into this. Obviously Creative doesn't care. I suspect there was a serious design problem that they could not solve so the design died.

    nickbd, Nov 24, 2007