DK-6-2B-800 FireWire 1394B 800 dual bay enclosure ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Leanin' Cedar, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. Leanin' Cedar, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Leanin' Cedar

    Tom Scales Guest

    Which two?

    The red and white are for audio out from a CD/DVD drive if you connect the
    audio cable. Can't image why you would ever need to, as modern drives carry
    sound over the data cable.

    The two rectangular connectors next to the power inputs are firewire ports.
    Firewire supports connecting "drives to drives" and daisy chaining devices.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Thanks Tom:

    That is what I thought they were, was for audio. The enclosure I got also
    had a connector for firewire 1394a which is what I needed for my PCI card.
    Time to upgrade the Dim. 4300 I guess. It is looking worse than the back of
    my entertainment center.

    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Dec 18, 2004