DLP-2232PB adc not working

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by nfml, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. nfml

    nfml

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2008
    I'm developing applications for the DLP-2232PB from dlp-design which comes with the 16F877A microcontroller already pre-programmed with “Token I\O”.
    I don’t know if this is the correct forum to place this question but basically I downloaded the Firmware Upload Application for Windows from http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/2232pb.shtml and uploaded the token firmware that came with the CD. For no reason the ADC ports stopped working as if I had short-circuited the A/D converter but the only thing I did was upload the firmware, anything else.

    The ADC pins now return(10 bit accuracy) always the same and incoherent output. For example:

    00 20
    08 41
    00 08

    This happens when the pin is the air or connected to 5.12V or 0 V or any other voltage. I suppose the problem is in the software uploaded because of two reasons:

    1º I didn’t change anything else besides the upload of the CD token firmware.

    2º the ADC is 10-bit A/D converter, so the maximum value of the ADC is 0000 0011 1111 1111 (03 FF in hexadecimal) so the 08 41 (hexadecimal) is totally impossible to achieve.

    Does anyone have the same PIC or DLP or came across such an unrealistic and odd problem?

    nfml, Jun 11, 2008