Dlp-2232pb

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by nfml, Jun 14, 2008.

  1. nfml

    nfml

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2008
    hi all,

    I really need some help on this matter, I'm a litle bit desperate.
    basically I have a PIC 16F877 but the ADC ports stoped working(always returns 0).

    1: what could cause the ADC to be ruined completly?

    2: how can I physically test (with a multimeter) if the A/D converter is ruined?

    3: software test: the device is a DLP-2232PB-G (ftdi + pic) and I use PICC to compile:

    #include <16F877A.H>
    #device ADC=10
    #fuses HS,WDT,NOPUT,NOBROWNOUT,LVP,NOWRT,NOPROTECT
    #use delay(clock=20000000,restart_wdt)

    setup_adc_ports( 0 ); // 0=ALL_ANALOG
    delay_ms(40);
    run_AD();

    void run_AD()//0xA9
    {
    int16 dataword;

    set_adc_channel( buffer[2] );
    delay_us(10);
    dataword = read_adc();
    //return as two bytes to host - LSByte first
    send((int8)(dataword & 0x00ff));//LSByte
    send((int8)(dataword >> 8));//MSByte
    strobe_SND();//send now through ftdi
    }

    the whole firmware is much larger and is given by dlp-design. I use a dlp software to upload the firmware to the PIC and all is working fine except the ADC values.
    which internal registers can I test to evaluate whether the A/D converter is ruined?

    please give me some feedback or personal opinion like: "buy a new one!!!"

    regards

    Nuno Lucas (Portuguese student)

    nfml, Jun 14, 2008
  2. nfml

    nfml

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2008
    The admins may close this topic.

    a simple note for those who have the DLP-2232PB-G: watch out when you upload the "token I/O" firmware. the firmware that comes with the DLP-2232PB-G(from factory) is different from the one provided on the CD.

    nfml, Jun 15, 2008