    doesn't really show much effect (i.e. 3 sticks generally cause no
    problem even though it's not officially supported).

    Thanks for any help.

    Nil Einne, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Nil Einne

    jpsga Guest

    The Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 supports 3G of memory ( so the book says ). It
    has 4 slots. Using Dual Channel Technology you can populate all four slots.
    However, two of the slots *must* use single sided memory sticks. I don't
    know if these exists at 256mb as I never looked for them.
    JPS

    jpsga, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Nil Einne

    Nil Einne Guest

    Does it specifically mention it support 3G at DDR400 or does it just
    say it support 3G of RAM and DDR400? The Abit NF7-S mentions it
    supports 3G but only at DDR333 or less. AT DDR400 it only supports 2G.

    As for dual channel, I have read before that some boards with 3 slots
    (ala the NF7-S) allow you to use full dual channel if you use a 512mb
    in the single slot channel and 256mb each in the two slots channel.
    Don't know if single sided memory is a requirement for this but mine
    is anyway.

    Having said that since the NF7-S doesn't support 3 stick with DDR400
    this perhaps isn't that relevant.

    Nil Einne, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Nil Einne

    jpsga Guest

    The manual does *not* indicate a speed limitation.
    JPS

    jpsga, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Nil Einne

    ICee Guest

    The NF7-S supports 3 sticks of memory. It's usually best to use two 256
    MB modules and one 512 MB module, or two 512 MB modules, but you can use
    any combination you wish. As long as there is a module in slot one or
    two and slot three, dual channel is enabled, regardless of the amount of
    memory on the modules.

    ICee, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Nil Einne

    Nil Einne Guest

    According to the offical specs, the motherboard only supports 2 slots
    at DDR400...

    Nil Einne, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Nil Einne

    ICee Guest

    Then I guess you'll have to tell all the people running 3 sticks of
    memory at 200 MHz+ that the MB isn't spec'ed for it.

    ICee, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Nil Einne

    Aussie Guest

    Dont u believeing reading manuals?