Do EP45-UD3 MBs support SSDs?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Gorby, Oct 12, 2010.

  1. Gorby

    Gorby Guest

    Hi All,
    I'm having trouble trying to install Windows 7 (64 bit) onto an A-RAM
    SSD Ultra II 60GB solid state drive.

    My Motherboard is an EP45-UD3 with bios ver f9 (01/27/2010)

    I have the SSD on SATA slot 0 and a DVD on slot 3.
    ACHI is set ON in the BIOS.

    When booting the SSD gets an error message regarding SMART error, but
    carries on.

    When trying to install Win7 64 bit, when you get to the part where the
    install asks "Where do you want to install Windows?" There is no drive
    available to be selected. If you click on "add a driver" it allows you
    to see the SSD, so it is there.

    So my questions are:
    Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
    Have you been able to fix it?
    Is my board too old to accept an SSD?

    The SSD works perfectly when another HDD is the boot device. I am able
    to place paging file on the SSD.

    I just don't seem to be able to install Windows7 on to it.

    any help appreciated.

    cheers
    Gorby.

    Gorby, Oct 12, 2010

  2. Why would you want to install Windows 7 on a SSD you fucking idiot?

    Michael Gross, Oct 21, 2010

  3. Per Michael Gross:
    Speed?

    (PeteCresswell), Oct 22, 2010
  4. Gorby

    Gorby Guest

    I suppose I have to accept this after calling you a sick puppy on the
    hardware usenet group.

    I still think you're a sick puppy!

    Gorby, Oct 22, 2010
  5. Gorby

    Gorby Guest

    I called up Gigabyte support (emailed actually) about this. They sent me
    another BIOS (ver 10c). That removed the bootup SMART command error.

    After renewing the MBR on the SSD, I am able to see the SSD at Windows
    install.

    All working OK!
    cheers
    Gorby.

    Gorby, Oct 27, 2010
  6. Since you got me filtered, I guess I can say whatever the **** i want
    about you and you can't do anything so here it goes:

    You should have emailed them first instead of wasting all that time
    posting your problem to a dead newsgroup where nobody knows **** about
    anything, you retard.

    Michael Gross, Oct 27, 2010