    the same money that are better?

    I want it to be as upgradable as possible, so I reckon on the KT600.
    Is this they way to go?

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Guest

    Ben Pope Guest

    Personally I prefer nForce2 over Via KT series. I have the A7N8X Deluxe.

    Well whatever you buy now will pretty much take you to the end of the Athlon
    XP range. At that point you'll need a new motherboard, possibly new RAM
    etc. etc.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Guest

    Bart Simpson Guest

    Just check www.tomshardware.com see the specs of the KT600 boards
    which indecently outperform dual channel boards (NVIDIA). best one is
    the MSI KT6 Delta (I own a Asus a7v8x board and now am considering
    going back to MSI. Must admit I was/am impressed with all the features and
    extras you get with MSI boards.

    Bart Simpson, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Guest

    Ben Pope Guest

    Depends which review sites you read then, I guess.

    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1852&p=1

    Shows the KT6 Delta not to be the best performing KT600.

    It also shows that all tested nForce2 boards take a quite convincing lead
    over all the KT600 boards in almost all of the tests.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Guest

    Kyle Brant Guest

    | | > wrote:
    | > > Which one of these is the better buy? Are their any other boatds
    for
    | > > the same money that are better?
    | >
    | > Personally I prefer nForce2 over Via KT series. I have the A7N8X
    Deluxe.

    | > > I want it to be as upgradable as possible, so I reckon on the
    KT600.
    | > > Is this they way to go?
    | >

    | > Well whatever you buy now will pretty much take you to the end of
    the
    | Athlon
    | > XP range. At that point you'll need a new motherboard, possibly
    new RAM
    | > etc. etc.
    | >
    | > Ben
    | > --
    | > I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
    | >

    | Just check www.tomshardware.com see the specs of the KT600 boards
    | which indecently outperform dual channel boards (NVIDIA). best one
    is
    | the MSI KT6 Delta (I own a Asus a7v8x board and now am considering
    | going back to MSI. Must admit I was/am impressed with all the
    features and
    | extras you get with MSI boards.

    Where is this info you refer to above?

    According to the first paragraph of this recent article at Tom's site,
    the nForce platform is the fastest solution for AMD athlon based
    systems.

    http://www20.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20031107/index.html

    Kyle Brant, Nov 26, 2003