    device, or perhaps how this might be done as a kind of Printer.
    System Profiler says I have a Motorola SM 56K V.92 Jump modem.

    Can I send faxes?

    Christopher C. Stacy, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Yep, just hit Print from the program from which you want to send the
    fax. Then, from the PDF menu in the lower-left corner of the ensuing
    print dialog, choose "Fax PDF." You'll figure it out from there.

    Yeah, I know you don't really want a PDF, but I guess that's how it
    does it. (In Panther, there was simply a "Fax" button, which made more
    sense to me.)

    Garner Miller, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Christopher C. Stacy

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Open the "Print & Fax" system preferences pane, click the "Faxing"
    button, and make the appropriate entries. Once done, you can fax from
    the "Print" dialog box.

    Tom Stiller, Apr 27, 2006
  4. What are the appropriate entries?
    I only see things related to RECEIVING a fax.
    But I want to TRANSMIT a fax.

    Christopher C. Stacy, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Christopher C. Stacy

    Jon Guest

    You don't need any.
    Hit Print, then click lower left where it says "PDF" and go down to "Fax
    PDF". That's it. You either enter the fax number, or you click on the
    little picture and it opens the Address Book for you and you select an
    entry from there.

    Yes, I agree they could've just said "fax", but there it is.

    Jon, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Christopher C. Stacy

    Király Guest

    Open up Mac Help (under the Finder's Help menu) and enter "sending a fax".
    All of the answers to your questions are in there. At least they are on
    my Mac.

    Király, Apr 28, 2006