    can AT91SAM7X256 have external flash and DRAM? AT91SAM7X256doesn't have
    EMI(external memory interface) , is it possible to extend external
    flash and DRAM? thanks

    jetq88, Sep 27, 2006

  2. jetq88

    FreeRTOS.org Guest

    --

    The SAM7X does not have an external data bus or address bus as far as I am
    aware so your only options are serial devices for a little more flash, or a
    very slow bit banged interface though an IO port. Neither of these are any
    good for executing code. I believe there is an equivalent part that has an
    external bus - why not use that?

    Regards,
    Richard.

    + http://www.FreeRTOS.org
    + http://www.SafeRTOS.com
    for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430
    Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *

    FreeRTOS.org, Sep 27, 2006

  3. jetq88

    jetq88 Guest

    hi, Richard,

    thanks for your answer, I have another question for you,
    if I use AT91SAM7x256 with your RTOS from freeRTOS.org, what size of
    footprint is it?
    do I still have room to grow if I add TCP/IP stack and/or USB
    host/device later on?

    thanks

    jetq88, Sep 27, 2006
  4. If you need external flash and SDRAM, you'd be better off with the
    AT91SAM9260.
    (Unless you really need the integrated CAN controller)

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ulf Samuelsson

    Ulf Samuelsson, Sep 27, 2006
  5. jetq88

    FreeRTOS.org Guest

    hi, Richard,
    Take a look at the FAQ - info is provided for ARM builds. I have used the
    SAM7X256 with uIP and lwIP, both with a simple USB driver included in the
    build so I don't think size is an issue.

    FreeRTOS.org, Sep 28, 2006