    So does that mean I need the DDR2-1066 memory? I know I can put slower
    memory in there, but the DDR2-1066 memory will work the best right? (no
    overclocking).

    Nobody, Nov 11, 2006

  2. Nobody

    Mitch Crane Guest

    The FSB is quad-pumped. It's running at 266MHz.

    Mitch Crane, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    That doesn't really answer the question.

    Nobody, Nov 12, 2006
  4. To match the bandwidth of the FSB you need DDR2-533 memory, there are two
    banks of DIMMs so 2x533 = 1066. However the effective memory bandwidth is
    a function of both latency (i.e. the time it takes to get the first word
    of memory after the CPU has requested it) and the burst rate of the DIMMs.
    Higher speed DIMMs have lower latency (for example 3 CAS cycles at
    533MHz is 5.6ns, 3 CAS cycles at 800Mhz is 3.75ns) so they will have a
    higher effective memory speed. DDR2-667 or DDR2-800 are the common choices
    for high performance memory for Core2 systems.

    General Schvantzkoph, Nov 12, 2006
  5. Nobody

    Mitch Crane Guest

    Ok, then answer is no, the 1066MHz FSB doesn't mean DDR2-1066 (which runs
    at 533).

    Mitch Crane, Nov 12, 2006
  6. Nobody

    DaveW Guest

    Most of the current 975 chipset motherboards ONLY support up to PC6400 (800
    MHz) DDR2 RAM. Of course you can always try overclocking your RAM.

    DaveW, Nov 13, 2006