Do I need the Lightscribe service enabled;;;

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Tester, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. Tester

    Tester Guest

    .... if I don't have Lightscribe-compatible disks?

    My computer maker and the makers of my software seem to want me to be
    running sh*tloads of startup programs which do things like checking if
    anything has an upgrade or they make a program I run once a month load
    faster and as a result everything gets bogged down.

    If you install Apple Itunes it wants you to run an Ipod service even
    if you don't have an Ipod!

    I'm constantly removing this stuff with msconfig or regedit (yes, I
    know - save any piece of the registry you delete) and I'm thinking of
    going into services.msc and disabling the lightscribe service.

    By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
    done any Lightscribe software for Linux?

    Tester, Apr 13, 2007

  2. Tester

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

    Desk Rabbit, Apr 13, 2007

  3. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:42:01 +0100, Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > Tester wrote:
    >> By the way, I'm looking at Linux and just out of curiosity has anyone
    >> done any Lightscribe software for Linux?
    >>

    > Geee! I don't know. Tried looking at http://www.lightscribe.com/ ?

    Not supported on Debian/Ubuntu.

    Tiscali Support, Apr 13, 2007
  4. Lightscribe is for labeling only