    work.
    Has anyone installed linux onto a notebook? Is this going to be a problem?
    I've never dealt with linux before.

    J. Peterman, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Dennis Savatski, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Mine went back in time and killed its designers grandfather.
    You have been reading alt.sysadmin.recovery.

    Peter

    Peter T. Breuer, Jul 26, 2003
  4. J. Peterman

    Quaoar Guest

    Linux itself should not be any problem, and I agree that Mandrake,
    possibley Suze, are the distro's of choice. However... there are
    issues with older laptops with display drivers, audio drivers, and
    pc-card drivers. These are being corrected by interested parties, but
    do take the time to check the compatibility of your hardware against the
    specs for a given distro so you are not disappointed.

    Quaoar, Jul 29, 2003
  5. J. Peterman

    Budd Guest

    Give the CD run copy of Knoppix available at:
    http://www.cheapbytes.com

    If you can boot to your CD this gives you a look at Linux. I believe there
    are CD's also of other Linux programs.

    Budd, Jul 31, 2003