    I thinking of buying some Latitude D610 and D810 models. Do these
    models have the same built-in microphone?

    Daniel

    dgrnyc, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Daniel,

    You know?, I was just going to reply off the bat that yes, they have
    it, just because they are similar models and Dell is usually very
    consistent. I have a D810 but it's on the docking station and I didn't
    want to open it up so for kicks and giggles I checked the
    specifications and guess what?

    The D810 does not have a built-in microphone, and neither does the
    D610. I am quite disappointed.

    They do have a microphone connector on the side, but that's not what
    you are looking for.

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd610/en/index.htm
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd810/en/index.htm

    I hope this helps,

    V Zamora

    Vicente Zamora, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Yep, the D610 is definitely missing it, although it's older Inspiron
    cousin, the 600m, does. I picked up a $10 external one and it works
    fine. Another thing to note is the headphone out is very noisy (at
    least on systems with the X300 video card), you might consider getting
    an external soundcard altogether (either USB or PCMCIA).

    Nicholas Andrade, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Nope, the D610 doesn't. I was using a
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45093&criteria=MICROPHONE laptop&doy=3m2
    for a while, but now I'm having much better luck with a BlueTooth
    headset, I can walk around the room and not have to be tethered to my
    laptop.

    I was really ticked that the microphone was missing, but now I much
    prefer the BT headset...

    William P.N. Smith, Mar 10, 2006