Do not use Cypress use philips.

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Sergey Uskach, Feb 16, 2005.

  1.
    Sergey Uskach, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Sergey Uskach

    Peter Guest

    I completely agree, when I need a screwdriver I go for Philips nearly every
    time.

    Peter

    Peter, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Well, I only partly agree. If the screw I want to use is philips I tend
    to use such a tool also. However if it's something else I guess a
    cypress would fit as badly and could even hurt the screw.

    If I were to construct something new I would use torx instead. Much better.

    ;-)

    Leif Holmgren, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Bob Pease recommends carrying a small straight-slot screwdriver if you only
    carry one, since for small screws that tool will work in either variety.

    Richard Henry, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Sergey Uskach

    schwobus Guest

    ;-)
    while this post has been one of the most qualified reasoning so far for
    Phillips, against Cypress, just a friendly amendmend, the srewdriver
    guys use more "lls" in Phillips than the semiconductor ones.

    Schwob

    schwobus, Feb 20, 2005