    Nisus document would appear as a text document. It just wouldn't have
    the formatting with fonts, columns, etc.

    Remove blown from email address to reply.

    Thomas R. Kettler, Jul 3, 2007

  2. Thomas R. Kettler

    AES Guest

    I would still like to learn: How does one format a flash drive -- or
    individual documents or volumes on a flash drive -- on a Mac such that
    the majority of PCs will be able to read the data thereon? (especially
    if the drive has initially been formatted or reformatted in a Mac OS
    format)

    1) When a flash drive is inserted, Disk Utility shows a device name
    (e.g., "252.5 MB PINGTEC Flash Disk Media") and underneath that,
    indented, a volume name (e.g., "disk1s1"), and these two items seem to
    be separately selectable.

    Are these items also separately formattable, yielding different formats
    for device and volume? Which one should one reformat to make the data
    on the drive readable by a PC? Can one do partitioning and then format
    different volumes on the drive differently?

    2) Is the "Erase" tab in the Disk Utility window the one that does such
    reformatting? If not, what is?

    Thanks

    AES, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Thomas R. Kettler

    Bob Harris Guest

    No. One is the device itself, the other is the single partition
    on that device
    Bob Harris

    Bob Harris, Jul 4, 2007