Documents from Gateway support site

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by David W.E. Roberts, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    trying to view support documents at

    http://www.uk.gateway.com/tutorials/tutorials.asp?portable

    I keep getting a popup which tells me I am running a version of Flash
    earlier then 4 and need to upgrade.

    However I have Version 7.0.19.0, as confirmed by

    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/

    the Macromedia test site.

    Is anyone else having this problem?

    I suspect their version test code is out of date, but would appreciate if
    someone else could check and let me know to confirm that it is not just me
    (I have tried on two different Win2K systems).

    TIA

    Dave R

    David W.E. Roberts, Feb 15, 2004

  2. David W.E. Roberts

    TR Guest

    Yep, same here and I have the latest version of Flash. This doesn't
    surprise me with it being the gateway site. I had to turn my
    firewall off to get any of the selections to pop up because.... my
    firewall blocks popups of which only people that still don't have a
    clue incorporate in their website code any more.

    In other words, there was a great discussion on TechTV the other night
    where they were saying that people up with the program (people that
    have a clue) are coding websites to be compatible with today's
    firewalls and SpyWare blocking utilities because people in the know
    (people that have a clue) are starting to practice "Safe Hex" and
    anyone that isn't coding websites for "Safe Hex" are either void of
    any clue as to what is going on or coding sites that they specifically
    want to data mine your system.

    Gateway probably fits both scenarios....

    BTW, according to TechTV, weather.com and all of the Disney sites are
    the worse they have seen at this type invasion on systems that visit
    their sites. I remember someone bringing up weather.com on the FOX
    News a while back for doing this sort of thing but didn't know that
    disney was up there with the worse of them all.

    Regards,

    TR, Feb 15, 2004