Dodgy ATI drivers for rage pro chipset ?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Funky, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Funky

    Funky Guest

    I installed the drivers, to see if I got a performance boost under windows
    98 with my old Xpert 98 card:-
    http://mirror.ati.com/support/products/pc/ragepro/win98/rageprowin98drivers.html

    1. But instead, when I run quake using default OpenGL, an illegal function
    is performed and window bombs out.

    2. When running real, media, quicktime players at resolution > 1024, the
    frame rate is slow and jerky

    3. When I look at the chipset under diplay/driver, it says it's a Mach 64 XL
    rather than Mach 64 Rage Pro !!

    I didn't have any of these problems previously and I deleted the original
    latest working drivers. Know where I can get 'em?

    Thanks for replies in advance
    Funky

    Funky, Feb 24, 2004