    perfermance increase from x4 to x8?

    Thankyou all

    Swz

    Swz, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Swz

    Shep© Guest

    Don't bother.AGP 8x has been surpassed by the video memory on your
    video card.

    My 10 penn'th.

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email

    Shep©, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Swz

    Swz Guest

    Don't bother upgrading the motherboard you mean? Just get there card?
    BTW i didn't know you posted here shep.

    Cheers

    Swz, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Swz

    Egil Solberg Guest

    AGP4X contra AGP8X does not mean anything at all, and should not be taken
    into consideration. Neither reagarding mobo nor video card.

    Egil Solberg, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Swz

    Shep© Guest

    I'm all over M8 :)
    I mean that AGP 8X has nothing to offer over AGP 4X in real world
    graphics speeds however there are other reasons to upgrade a mother
    board like USB 2/Larger hard drive support/RAID etc which are more of
    a consideration than the make's hyped AGP 8X.
    Get the video card.Leave the mother board until you need one :)

    Shep©, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Swz

    Swz Guest

    Ok nice one. Thank you very much for the help guys appreciated.

    Swz

    Swz, Oct 25, 2003
  7. Swz

    Darthy Guest

    AGP 8x may add 0~3fps... Its not much better than AGP 4x, which is not
    a big improvement in performance over AGP 2x.

    Its marketing, don't worry about.

    If you're willing to spend the money, perhaps a better video card? If
    speed *IS* a concern, the 5600 is still kinda low-end.

    But what is your current hardware? If you're still using a
    PIII-600Mhz, then you should upgrade anyways... but what do you have?

    Darthy, Oct 27, 2003