    can it mean a 5400 rpm hard drive?

    Thanks,

    thefirstwml

    thefirstwml, Dec 5, 2004

  2. thefirstwml

    J. Clarke Guest

    Ultra ATA is the interface, more precisely "UDMA". And it's actually pretty
    much a meaningless term. But no, all ATA drives on the market today
    support "Ultra ATA". You have to check the speed to be sure you're getting
    7200 RPM.

    J. Clarke, Dec 5, 2004

  3. No, not necessarily. Ultra-ATA refers to the transfer protocol between
    the CPU and drive over the IDE channel. It's unrelated to the
    rotational speed of the disk platters. It may well be that most
    Ultra-ATA drives are 7200 rpm and/or vice versa, but not such
    presumption can automatically be drawn.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 6, 2004