    Does any notebook with PCI slot exist?

    I have to use a PCI board not available in other formats...

    Marco

    Marco Palma, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Marco Palma

    Notan Guest

    Do you mean a full-size desktop-type PCI slot?

    If so, no.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Marco Palma

    SinghaLvr Guest

    Although I do think some brands offer this as an option with their advanced
    port replicators.

    SinghaLvr, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Marco Palma

    Dan Koren Guest

    Yes, however they are not consumer units, and
    therefore not easy to find and quite expensive.

    Check Dolch, Getac and Itronix.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Sep 2, 2004
  5. Marco Palma

    Marco Palma Guest

    No, I need of a HALF-SIZE pci slot...

    Marco

    Marco Palma, Sep 2, 2004
  6. Marco Palma

    Notan Guest

    Do you mean a half-size SLOT or half-size (half-length) BOARD?

    As Dan pointed out, the ones that are available aren't your
    average find-them-at-CompUSA variety.

    What type of laptop do you have, and exactly what are you
    trying to do?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 2, 2004
  7. Marco Palma

    Joe Davis Guest

    The D-Dock docking station for the Dell Latitude (and Inspiron 600m) series
    and the docking station for the IBM T40 series and X31 both take half-length
    PCI cards. Be sure to get the docking station and not the port replicator.

    Joe Davis, Sep 2, 2004
  8. Marco Palma

    Chip Orange Guest

    Well, I seem to recall that IBM offers a docking station for thinkpads which
    accepts pci cards; you could only use the card while the laptop was docked
    that way.

    Chip Orange, Sep 4, 2004
  9. Marco Palma

    Notan Guest

    I think they call that "a desktop!" <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 4, 2004
  10. Marco Palma

    David Chien Guest

    David Chien, Sep 4, 2004
  11. Marco Palma

    Dan Koren Guest

    There are PCMCIA PCI extender cards/boxes.

    See for instance http://www.mobl.com/expansion/pci/

    dk

    Dan Koren, Sep 4, 2004