    don't want it to boot to floppy, I want it to boot to the CDROM.

    Thanks!

    Pat

    Patrick, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Patrick

    DEJ57 Guest

    Well, sorry to say, if its not where you looked, its not there. Its not all
    that unusual for Compaq Presarios, particularly older ones, not to offer boot
    options. I think the explanation was that Compaq felt users did more to screw
    up their PCs if they had Setups that offered detailed options like some other
    manufacturers.....

    Dale

    DEJ57, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Patrick

    HH Guest

    I just checked the QuickRestore matrix for trhe 5660. The QR kit does not
    come with a boot floppy, which means QR disc 1 is bootable, which means if
    you have a bootable CD in the drive it will boot from it.
    HH

    HH, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Patrick

    Tom Scales Guest

    The 5660 should be bootable. My 5600 was. Make sure you're looking at all
    the pages.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Thanks to for the replies!

    It's the first time I have ever seen such a primitive Bios.
    Thanks again! Have a great weekend.

    Pat

    Patrick, Aug 28, 2004