Does anybody know where to find the CPUID <=> CPU Name mapping ?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by forfun, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. forfun

    forfun Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I am writing a little program which use the "cpuid" Intel processor
    instruction.

    Thanks to this instruction, I can get the "family", "model" and
    "stepping" of my Intel CPU.

    My aim is to print the processor version as a char string which will
    be more explicit for the end-user.

    For example :

    The ID "Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7" should give "Intel Pentium 4"

    My problem is I did not succeeded in finding a full mapping of all
    Intel processors.

    Does anybody know where I can find the CPUID <=> Version name mapping
    ?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    forfun, Feb 18, 2005

  2. There is a lot in the Linux kernel, and the mplayer application. There
    is a CPU id program already, google is your friend.

    Bill Davidsen, Feb 24, 2005

  3. forfun

    forfun Guest

    Thanks for this precious information.

    I found what I wanted in the "cputable.h" file which seems to come
    with the Linux kernel sources files.

    forfun, Feb 28, 2005