    It used to display full 32 bit color and up to 1280x1024

    anyone have any ideas?

    other than a new motherboard...

    Nathan Bean, Feb 19, 2007

  2. Hi, Nathan.

    LOL, good question. I think you are the first nonspam poster here in
    months.

    To answer your question, I think all you need to so is to find the
    correct driver for the AE31's integrated graphics. I looked up the
    manual for the FIC AE31 here:

    http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/motherboard.aspx?model_id=45

    According to that, the motherboard uses the VIA KLE133 chipset. You can
    go to http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 to download the
    latest driver from VIA. Go through the menus to pick your operating
    system, then "Integrated Graphics", then "KPLE integrated graphics
    (KL133, KLE133, PLE133/T, MVP4)".

    Once you get that downloaded and installed, your graphics should be back
    to the way they were. Hope this helps.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 19, 2007

  3. Nathan Bean

    Nathan Bean Guest

    Thanks Alex... I miss the good old days of non-spam infested NG's

    I've been all over the FIC website and downloaded practically everything
    related to my motherboard... but nothing has changed my resolution...
    not enabled full 32 bit color like I had before the computer had to be
    rebuilt...

    but let me look at the chipset stuff again... and thanks again for
    responding...

    Nathan Bean, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Nathan Bean

    Nathan Bean Guest

    Alex... I bow down before you... and will offer you most anything your
    heart desires... thank you... 32 bit color is enabled... 1280x1024 is
    now attainable...

    may i lick your boots sir?

    --
    .... Why should I be tarred with the epithet "loony" merely
    because I have a pet halibut? John Cleese in Monty Python Pet

    Nathan Bean, Feb 22, 2007

  5. LOL. This is starting to sound like the FIC fetish page.

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 23, 2007
  6. Nathan Bean

    Nathan Bean Guest

    i'm just extremely grateful... really... besides... its refreshing for
    the ol'NG to actually serve up some real nugget of advice...
    Nate
    --
    .... Things I learned from my Mother
    Tip #1: 1. My mother taught me to APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.

    Nathan Bean, Feb 24, 2007