    (USA please)
    thanks!
    emma.

    Emma Brown, May 19, 2006

  2. Not necessary. Go to http://www.aol.com/ and click the "Join AOL" link
    near the top of the page. He can sign up for his 3-month trial offer
    there.

    That said, there are much better options out there for internet access.
    (Indeed, pretty much all of the others are better options.) Is there a
    particular reason he wants AOL?

    Garner Miller, May 19, 2006

  3. Emma Brown

    Emma Brown Guest

    well... he just wants the free trial for now - i'm moving in in a month
    and we'll sort out something better then, but for now he just wants
    internet and aol seemed the most obvious as he already had the cd and
    could get the free trial. as he doesn't have access at the moment, he
    can't get to the aol website to click the link! just thought as there
    are so many of those cds in circulation, someone must have one that
    they can mail me the code and password from!
    my email's if anyone can help! :)

    Emma Brown, May 19, 2006
  4. Emma Brown

    Davoud Guest

    AOL? Your boyfriend is a wuss. Get a new boyfriend. Stop reading.

    OK, you're ignoring my advice.

    Where I live -- Baltimore-Washington area -- one gets AOL disks at
    computer stores, office-supply stores, supermarkets and lots of other
    places -- whether one wants them or not.

    Davoud

    Davoud, May 19, 2006
  5. Emma Brown

    Emma Brown Guest

    er ok then. some nice person sent me a code anyway, so all sorted.
    don't see anything wrong with aol when you can abuse their free trials!!

    Emma Brown, May 19, 2006
  6. Bwahaha.... trust me, once you sign up, you can't cancel. When you
    try, they will keep offering you more and more free months until you
    give in and agree to keep it "just in case." I got 9 free months out
    of them at one point...

    Still, even after you get broadband, AOL Radio is a genuine reason to
    keep at least a minimal AOL subscription. It includes most all of the
    XM Satellite Radio music channels plus a number of AOL-exclusive
    stations, and it's free with even the cheapest AOL account (which is
    the $4.95 "limited use" plan you have to ask for specially). Each
    account can have 7 screen names, so you can split the $60 a year with
    friends and family to enjoy really nice Internet radio on all your
    computers (and you can flag the other screen names using Parental
    Controls so they can't actually log into AOL and cost you money). In a
    switch from the way life usually works out, there's a Mac client
    application just for AOL Radio, while Windows users are stuck with a
    Web client. Very much recommended.

    Jerry Kindall, May 20, 2006
  7. Hm, I bet if you tell 'em you're going to cancel they'll give it to you
    for $4.95 again. I did the same thing when they raised "bring your own
    access" from $9.95 to $11.95 and they gave me six free months and
    dropped it back down to $9.95.

    Still, $7 a month divides rather neatly by 7 screen names for AOL
    Radio. ;)

    The retention people at AOL are paid a commission for each customer
    they keep (I heard it was in the double digits, though this was
    hearsay), and they are authorized to give you a TON of concessions.

    Jerry Kindall, May 20, 2006
  8. Emma Brown

    Ilgaz Öcal Guest

    Did you check real networks radiopass? It is similar.

    http://radio.real.com

    Yes, they used to be buddies with Spinner until AOL acquired them,
    thats where you will remember channel names like [email protected]

    I am yearly subscriber for couple of channels and also too lazy to pirate :)

    Ilgaz

    Ilgaz Öcal, May 20, 2006
  9. Emma Brown

    CaliDervish Guest

    If you want to stay in touch use the Free offer from AOL..it is new and
    is called, AIM Mail, read more here: (http://tinyurl.com/qkg53)
    or do a hotmail.com account
    Cali

    CaliDervish, May 21, 2006