Does asus h87mpro support sata 3.2 ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jk, Aug 14, 2013.

  1. jk

    jk Guest

    Sata 3.2 is a new standard for pci express going up to 2 Gb/sec, which
    is more than 0,6 Gb/s that sata 3.0 can deliver.

    http://www.hardware.no/artikler/slenger-pci-express-inn-i-miksen-for-a-fa-fart-pa-ssd-en-din/136284

    The sata driver is:

    Marvell SATA 6G Driver V1.2.0.1032 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit
    & Win8 32bit & Win8 64bit---(WHQL)

    from 2013 06/03.

    Boot menu allows (page 100 of 145 in manual):

    Boot from PCIe/PCI Expansion Devices [Legacy OpROM first]
    Allows you to select the type of PCIe/PCI expansion devices that you
    want
    to launch. Configuration options: [Legacy OpROM first] [UEFI driver
    first]

    ?

    best regards

    John

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPRO/#support_Download_30

    jk, Aug 14, 2013

  2. jk

    jk Guest

    Well, searched with google, and I think this requires Z87 chipset.

    Then Z87M-plus is what I should choose.

    ?

    best regards

    John

    jk, Aug 14, 2013

  3. jk

    Paul Guest

    It seems to involves a goofy looking connector. Do
    you see one of those on the Z87M-plus ?

    http://semiaccurate.com/2011/09/13/sata-to-move-to-pci-express/

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 14, 2013
  4. Bound to be short-lived, as there are companies already shipping quad-8Gb PCIe
    SSD drives based on the SFF-8639 spec...

    personaobscura, Aug 15, 2013