  1. I was trying to play Star Wars Lego game and it said my card didn't
    have it. Is the program accurate? Does the ATI 7500 64MB not support
    the vertex and pixel shader v1.1? Thank you.

    needin4mation, Sep 3, 2005

  2. needin4mation

    Augustus Guest

    Pixel shader 1.1 is supported on DX8 cards. The original Radeon, (which is
    the 7000 series in all of it's 64bit and 128bit SDR and DDR iterations),
    Radeon 7000, 7000VE, 7200, 7500, 7500LE are DX7 cards and therefore not
    supported. For Radeons, that starts with the 8500 series cards. I run Lego
    Star wars on my kids machine (Barton 3200 with Radeon 8500 128Mb) and it's
    flawless. Although it's allegedly a DX9 games, I have seen no unique DX9
    effects in the game when I compare it's visuals from the 8500 to my 9800
    Pro. All the flashy reflections are DX8 effects. Thief Deadly Shadows is
    also allegedly a DX9 game, and again I've played it through on start to
    finish on both and there are absolutely no unique DX9 visuals. It needs a
    9800 Pro for speed though...

    Augustus, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Thank you. Very helpful.

    needin4mation, Sep 3, 2005

  4. My 7500 is definitely DX8 if that helps. If not im sure your answer is
    on the ATI site somewhere.
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon7500/radeon7500/specs.html

    DDR SGRAM / SDRAM btw...

    Danny Greaves, Sep 3, 2005
  5. needin4mation

    Thomas Guest

    DX8 compatible, not compliant. The '7' in the 7500 points to DX7.0
    compliancy. The '8' in the 8500 series points to DX8.x compliancy. The 90*,
    91* and 92* cards are NOT DX9 compliant, by the way... Ati stopped being
    correct in these series...

    Thomas, Sep 3, 2005
  6. The main thing is that I am required to buy a newer card if I want to
    play a a game with the vertex and pixel shader 1.1.

    needin4mation, Sep 3, 2005
  7. needin4mation

    Augustus Guest

    As was pointed out, there's a big difference between DX8 compatible and DX8
    compliant. It'll run some DX8 games, but no DX8 effects show up.

    Augustus, Sep 3, 2005
  8. hmm, guess it fools all the games that think its dx8. T&L hatdware
    option
    sure works good too.

    Not that I realy care either way. :)

    --end

    Danny Greaves, Sep 4, 2005

  9. I know about what makes DX8 faster. But... What DX8 effects would not
    "show up"?
    (cards slow but it plays "Flatout" np)

    thanks
    Dan

    Danny Greaves, Sep 4, 2005
  10. needin4mation

    Augustus Guest

    I know about what makes DX8 faster. But... What DX8 effects would not
    The most easy to recognize DX8 effects are the mirror-like partial
    reflections from rippling water and polished floors and surfaces, etc.

    Augustus, Sep 4, 2005
  11. Danny Greaves, Sep 4, 2005
  12. needin4mation

    cill Guest

    I have the ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility and had the same problem. Although
    the card does not support DX 9 or pixel shader v1.1, I still got it
    running with this tool
    http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html .

    There you just need to activate emulation for HW TnL, pixel shader and
    force max. pixel shader v1.1 .

    hth

    cill, Sep 7, 2005
  13. I tried it. Thanks. I clicked emulate HW TnL and the force max. pixel
    shader v.1.1, but the game just acts like it is going to start and then
    dies. Thanks though.

    needin4mation, Sep 8, 2005

  14. Funny my AIW 7500 has TnL. Makes my DX8 games run close to 50% faster too.

    Danny Greaves, Sep 9, 2005