    this update, or will Bluetooth functionality remain all the way through
    the update process? I've heard reports of Bluetooth temporarily going
    bye-bye during the update...

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Hmm. Well, I think I'll wait till I can find a wired keyboard & mouse,
    just to be on that same safe side. :)

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Keeper of the Purple Twilight

    Ron Parsons Guest

    Both mouse and keyboard survived the update here.

    Ron Parsons, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Turns out it worked for me too - I got tired of the anticipation so I
    tried the firmware upgrade. I also lost the connection to the mouse
    and the keyboard when the update began, although they were back when
    the update was over.

    And on an unrelated matter, I also tried booting from a CD - at first,
    they didn't work, but after waiting for a few minutes, they started
    working. So it turns out that I wouldn't need a wired keyboard/mouse
    even when I, say, install new system software. I'd always wondered
    about that.

    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Dec 8, 2004