    Do they offer spare parts to places that are not "authorized" service
    centers? All I want is to help a client out and fix his notebook with a new
    CDRW drive for his laptop.

    Nocturnal, Jun 14, 2006

  2. Nocturnal

    Tom Scales Guest

    Sure, they'll sell to anyone. That said, a new CD drive doesn't have to
    come from Dell.

    Tom Scales, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Nocturnal

    olfart Guest

    Try eBay

    olfart, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Nocturnal

    J.S. Guest

    For a Dell laptop/notebook computer Dell CD-RW drive OEM parts are a good
    idea, for Dell "desktops" the CD-RW drives can be non OEM Dell parts.

    J.S.

    J.S., Jun 15, 2006
  5. Nocturnal

    Mark Guest

    Mark, Jun 15, 2006
  6. Nocturnal

    Jack Zwick Guest

    Except the OEM "Light" version of CD burning software may be set to only
    recognize the OEM drives.

    Jack Zwick, Jun 20, 2006