Does GA-X38-DS5 really support ECC DRAMs?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Petr Soucek, Feb 29, 2008.

  1. Petr Soucek

    Petr Soucek Guest

    I have GA-X38-DS5 and according to Gigabyte website
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...erboard&ProductID=2672&ProductName=GA-X38-DS5
    this motherboard supports ECC DDR2 DRAMs. I tried to use Kingston
    KVR800D2E5K2/4G DDR2-800 2 x 2 GB ECC DRAMs, see
    http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KVR800D2E5K2_4G.pdf

    Unfortunately I have not dicovered how to enable the ECC mode.

    GA-8I955X Pro had an option in Advanced BIOS Features called "DRAM Data
    Integrity Mode", but GA-X38-DS5 has nothing. And since these strings are not
    present even in the BIOS strings section (_EN_CODE.BIN) they are not here at
    all.

    Everest shows that no ECC, just in SPD only.

    Does anybody know if this motherboard really suports ECC DRAMs?

    Regards,

    Petr

    Petr Soucek, Feb 29, 2008