    I looked on the HP site, but a search just returned a firmware update.
    I don't have my owner's manuals and don't know where else to look to
    find out. any help is appreciated

    Ed, Oct 31, 2006

  2. See http://www.videohelp.com
    and search through DVD writer for
    your model.

    Regards,
    John

    John Sheatsley, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Ed

    craigm Guest

    craigm, Oct 31, 2006
  4. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Nov 1, 2006
  5. Ed

    Ed Guest

    craig-
    a couple months ago my front lid broke off. I didn't realize it until
    now (or remember) when I looked at that page you sent me, but my writer
    was sold to me as a dvd5000. and that is what it loks like. but after
    my lid broke off and you can see in it, it says dvd630. I wonder if
    630s (not 630i or e as listed on that page) were put inside 5000
    shells, normally, or if I was ripped off. interesting isnt it

    Ed, Nov 1, 2006