    drive, and built-in 9-pin serial port ... no modulars or adapters.

    Does anybody sell one with this stuff built-in?

    Does anyone know?

    Alex Sperduti, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Alex Sperduti

    Quaoar Guest

    www.sager.com still has serial ports, for whatever uses serial comms and
    cannot use a USB adapter. You will have to check for floppy. Almost
    nothing current will fit on floppy, it's been replaced with much higher
    capacity flash drives. Modulars and adapters are pretty well restricted
    to the small, light form factor laptops with 10-12 inch screens.

    Quaoar, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Alex Sperduti

    David Lee Guest

    Alex Sperduti wrote ...
    HP/Compaq business range. I have the nx9005 which has floppy drive,
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo, serial, parallel, 2xUSB (1.1 unfortunately but later
    models probably have 2.0), 2xCardbus, Firewire, Modem, LAN and S-video.
    There are also options for built-in Wireless, Bluetooth and InfraRed
    depending on the model.

    David

    David Lee, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Alex Sperduti

    AJS Guest

    Sounds like the perfect combo.
    I'll check out the HP/Compaq NX9000 Series. Thanks!

    AJS, Jul 28, 2004