Does KT6 have Dolby Digital or dts Passthrough?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Simon-Pierre, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Simon-Pierre

    Simon-Pierre Guest

    Hi all,
    Im going to be building myself a new computer, and i think ill go with the
    KT6 Delta Fisr, I was going to get an nforce 2 based motherboard, but since
    the kt600 came out it seems the msi board gives me all the features i need
    and at a low price. I have a question relating to the on board sound. Does
    the fisr version come with the s bracket, and my main question is, can dolby
    digital or dts audio be outputed directly through to the spdif output(can
    the ac-3 stream be passthroughed by the s-bracket), and decoded by a
    receiver.

    And one little side question is, can anyone give me a reasonable street
    price for the fisr version(the one withought the extra raid chip), , in
    canadian or us funds is alright. I want to get the Fisr version, but if it
    costs alot more than the lsr version, than ill stick with not getting the
    firewire option.
    If anyone has any info or answers for these questions please feel free to
    reply.
    thanks,
    S-P

    Simon-Pierre, Sep 7, 2003